ACA Study Abroad Fest

ACA Study Abroad Fest

By Sienna Hubin  

Adventist Colleges Abroad will be having their annual study abroad presentation for university and high school students on Sunday, March 13, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. The presentation will be held online this year due to COVID-19 precautions and to give everyone the opportunity to attend.  

In the meeting, directors from the nine available ACA programs will share about their schools and their programs’ expected activities for the 2022-2023 school year. Videos from each program will be played to give students a little insight into each country’s experiences. ACA alumni will share testimonials of their time abroad and share tips of what to expect.  

After the presentations, students will be given the opportunity to interact with the different directors and ask any questions they have. Students interested in studying abroad should take advantage of the opportunity and get to know their potential directors. Suzy Threadgill, Spanish and secondary education double major, found the 2018 ACA presentation very helpful before she studied abroad in Argentina in 2019. She said, “I was really grateful for the ACA information meeting and being able to have all of my crazy questions answered. They were able to give me a complete idea of what it would be like to live and study in another country.” 

During the presentation, ACA will be awarding 10 attendees roundtrip tickets to an ACA program of their choice. The official flyer says that registration for the ACA Study Abroad Fest opens on Feb. 15, 2022, and students can register at acastudyabroad.convene.com. 

According to the 2022-2023 ACA magazine, the programs in Argentina, Austria, Brazil, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, and Spain will be open for next school year. Shorter summer programs will be available in Austria, Brazil, France, Israel, Italy, and Spain.