The Library is Open for Business

The Library is Open for Business

The Library Resumes In-Person Use 

By Josh Beaudoin

As finals approach, getting out of your dorm room prison cell can be a great way to motivate yourself to study, and Peterson Memorial Library is the perfect place for you to go. 

The library has resumed in-person seating at 25% capacity, however, “occupancy levels have been less that 5%,” [1] meaning they have plenty of space for any students looking for a place to study.  

Photo by Walla Walla University

Before you head over there, here are a few things the librarians want you to know [2]: 

1. Study stations are easy to book, and available by reservation only at https://wallawalla.libcal.com/reserve/PML
  1. Inside the library, wear your mask at all times, even in a carrel. So, no eating in the library, and beverages are allowed in covered containers only. Just lift your mask to sip. 
  1. You can chat online with a librarian using the ‘Ask Us’ tab on the library website or in Research Central. 
  1. If in-person isn’t your thing, the library has virtual group study rooms available. 
  1. Students studying online are welcome to request library materials and Public Services staff will mail them directly to their current residence. 

The hours are as follows:  

Sunday 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm  

Monday – Thursday  8:00 am to 7:00 pm  

Friday  8:00 am to 1:00 pm  

Follow the University libraries on InstagramFacebookPinterest, and Twitter for fun facts, photos, and updates and to search for tips, announcements, and more. 

Citations  

1-2 Email correspondence with Carolyn Gaskell, Director of Libraries.